Individuals can deal with the immigration system by themselves, but having an experienced U.S. immigration attorney in your corner is a tremendous help. Handling immigration petitions alone exposes you to many risks, such as misunderstanding confusing directions and failing to file properly, or sending documentation to the wrong department of the government. An immigration law firm such as Nesbit Law Office can help you:
- determine or establish with the government what type of immigration you are eligible for
- file the correct forms and accompanying fees
- preemptively mitigate incurring delays to your case due to filing errors, a large hurdle many fail to avoid
- submit the correct evidence to the correct location
- prepare for interviews with the USCIS or Department of State
An attorney will also advocate on your behalf when the need to inquire into the status of your petition arises. This is a nice bonus when dealing with an entity that is slow and notoriously imprecise or unclear in its communication.
What Can An Immigration Lawyer Help Me With?
Mark Nesbit and Nesbit Law Office are prepared to assist you with all your immigration needs. We provide services across the entire spectrum of situations petitioners may be in. Some of the most common include the following:
- Becoming a United States Citizen/Applying for Naturalization
- We love helping make the dream of becoming a U.S. citizen a reality for our clients, as well as playing a role in welcoming you into the American family. Submitting the tedious N-400 is just the beginning, yet we joyfully walk alongside you throughout the entire journey until completion.
- Obtaining Family-Based, Marriage, and Fiancé Visas
- This service ranges from adopting foreign children to petitioning for non-resident alien spousal visas. There is an array of issues that can complicate the process. Additionally, the government handles each nation emigrating from in a slightly different way. We are here to navigate it all with you, regardless.
- Adjustment Of Status
- This is the process of applying for lawful permanent resident status, commonly referred to as “getting a Green Card.” This process occurs when you are already in the United States with a valid visa. It permits becoming a permanent resident without requiring you to return to your home country first. Having helped so many with the I-485 is why Mark Nesbit is Columbus, OH’s Green Card attorney!